I want to thank Diane from Still Point Massage for showing me this very interesting article on Apple Cider Vinegar. I did not realize all the health benefits.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar helps get rid of hiccups!
2. Apple Cider Vinegar helps sooth sore throats.
To read the other benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar click here.
Does your gluten-free or dairy free diet and lifestyle make you miss out on your favorite holiday treats? In my Eastern European decedent family holiday get togethers, Povatica or Croatian Nut Roll Bread is always present. I set out to make a gluten & diary free recipe this year and it turned out pretty good. Try this gluten-free and dairy free recipe!!
- 3 ounces ground walnuts w/ 1 once lightly chopped
- 1/8 cup and 2 tablespoons full fat coconut milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter/substitute or coconut oil
- Cinnamon and Nutmeg to taste
Wet Dough Ingredients
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup dairy-free yogurt or Greek if not sensitive
- 1 tablespoons butter/substitute or coconut oil
- 1/8 cup suger
- 1/2 packet yeast from Bobs Red Mill Pizza Dough Mix
- Half packet of Bob’s Red Mill Pizza Dough Mix
- Grind 3 oz of nuts into saw dust
- Place all nuts, milk, sugar, egg, butter and spices in sauce pan
- Cook over medium heat until it begins to bubble, stir constantly to not burn
- Lower heat and stir for 2-3 minutes
- Cool for at least 30 minutes
- Separate egg whites and yolks. Place one yolk in a sauce pan and the other aside for egg wash
- Add milk, yogurt, butter, and sugar to 1 egg yolk in sauce pan
- Cook over medium heat and stir until it begins to boil
- Remove from heat until lukewarm and add yeast.
- Still and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Beat egg whites until frothy not stiff
- Add Bob’s Red Mill Pizza Dough dry mix
- Add wet mixture and mix for 3-4 minutes until sticky ball is formable
- Spray/grease surface to roll dough on
- Wet hands and roller and roll dough into square/rectangle sheet about 1/4 inch thick
- Spread nut mixture over dough leaving 1/2 inch on all sides.
- Slowly and gently roll up the dough starting at long end
- When finished rolling pinch/seal the seam
- Let rise for 60-90 minutes covered with plastic wrap in a warm location
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Transfer roll to silicone baking mat or non-stick sheet
- Add 1 tablespoon warm water to left over egg yolk, whisk and brush over roll
- Bake for 15 minutes and re-egg wash
- Bake for 15-20 more minutes until golden brown
- Cut into 1/2 inch to inch strips
Bunions have become a normal appearance in many chiropractic and manual therapy offices. This has occurred due to shoe and footwear choices and improper ankle mobility. Surgery is the only option to decrease the size of the bunion, but to stop growth and decrease pain soft tissue work and rehabilitation is your best bet. Strengthening the peroneal muscles can help stabilize the big toe joint and ankle mobility exercises can help decrease the rate growth. Here is an easy way to start stabilizing the toe.
- Stand facing a wall using your hands to balance yourself.
- Spread your feet apart wider than shoulder width.
- Flatten your inner foot and raise your heels off the ground.
- Only raise the heels, do not come up on the toes.
- Repeat 3 sets of 25.
- This is not a calf exercise, do not perform calf raises.