- Start on one knee so your front leg is about 3 feet in front of the other
- Tilt your pelvis backwards, as if it is a bowl and you are trying to spill water out of the back.
- Lock your pelvis in line with your back; we do not want you to arch your back during these stretches.
- Lean forward and backwards at the hips (NOT through your lower back). Move as if someone has grabbed you by the front pockets and is pulling you forward.
- Perform 10 slow repetitions for 3 sets.
- You can increase or decrease the stretch in the front of your leg by moving the opposite leg forward or backwards.
- Keep your back as straight as possible and locked to your pelvis throughout these stretches, as though there is a 2×4 strapped between the two.
- Perform this series of stretching 2-3 times everyday.