In Shin Splints and Ankle Injury Prevention post, counteracting ankle imbalances and shin splints was discussed. Here are a few commonly prescribed exercises for ankle imbalances.
- Begin seated with your leg straight.
- Place a towel around the ball of the leg to be stretched.
- Actively bring your foot upward, toward your knee. (try to let your toes relax).
- When you can not bring the foot upward anymore, pull the gently pull the towel until a stretch is felt.
- Hold for two secs and relax, returning the foot to a relaxed position.
- Repeat 10x for 3 sets.
- Do not let the knee bend.
- Make sure you bring the foot upward actively as far as you can.
- Hold the stretch for two secs and relax.
- Four Tips to Help Prevent Shin Splints (houstonfootspecialists.blogspot.com)