This is weeks post Respiration, the addition of breathing training was discussed. Here is a commonly prescribed exercise to help with respiration.
- Lay face down with your forehead resting on the back of your hands.
- Relax completely.
- As you lay there concentrate on breathing deep into your pelvis. You do not have to breathe deeper or heavier just down into your pelvis.
- Once you can feel your breathing change, perform for 3 minutes.
- Repeat 2-3 times a day.
- As you perform you shouldn’t feel your shoulders rise at all.
- Imaging that a balloon is in your pelvis and you must fill it but breathing in.
- You do not have to breathe in deeper or harder.