In, Are you considering expanding your family?, post rehab was discussed for pregnancy related pain. Here are a few commonly prescribed rehab exercises for pain related to pregnancy.
- Begin on all 4’s. It is best to have feet hanging off table.
- Relax and let belly sag.
- Bring belly up so the back is neutral.
- Brace by “Acting as if someone is going to punch you in the stomach.”
- Push your shins into the table and simulate a kegel exercise.
- Hold for 5-10 secs while breathing.
- Repeat 10 times, 3-4 times a day.
- Don’t forget to breath.
- Do not round the low back.
Hip Flexor Stretch
- Start on one knee so your front leg is about 3 feet in front of the other
- Tilt your pelvis backwards, as if it is abowl and you are trying to spill water out of the back.
- Lock your pelvis in line with your back; we do not want you to arch your back during these stretches.
- Lean forward and backwards at the hips (NOT through your lower back). Move as if someone has grabbed you by the front pockets and is pulling you forward.
- Perform 10 slow repetitions for 3 sets.
- You can increase or decrease the stretch in the front of your leg by moving the opposite leg forward or backwards.
- Keep your back as straight as possible and locked to your pelvis throughout these stretches, as though there is a 2×4 strapped between the two.
- Perform this series of stretching 2-3 times everyday.